Premier Robert Ghiz turns 40

Wayne Thibodeau

Premier Robert Ghiz

Premier Robert Ghiz is celebrating a milestone birthday today.

Ghiz, born Jan. 21, 1974, turns 40. A year ago, Ghiz made a commitment to himself that he would get in the best shape of his life before turning 40.

During his year-end interview with The Guardian in late December, Ghiz said he made some progress in meeting his goals.  He dropped nearly 25 pounds, transformed his diet and introduced a new fitness regime that has moved him ever so closer to his ultimate goal.

“Ten years from now, I’ll be 50,” Ghiz said in December.

“My father was diagnosed with cancer around that stage and passed away at the age of 51... I’m going to be 50 or 51 and I’m going to have a 15, 13, and 11-year-old.

“I want to be able to look forward to my kids’ high school graduations, university graduations, marriages and all those things.”

No word on how the P.E.I. premier will be celebrating his special day.

Organizations: The Guardian

Geographic location: P.E.I.

Comments

Comments

• Dundas Sue
    January 21, 2014 - 19:39

Good luck to you Mr Premier. Looking after your health will give you a better chance of seeing your children reach these milestones and meeting your grandchildren. Not everyone gets that privilege. Tomorrow we can throw things at the Premier, today, lets congratulate him.

• Birthday boy
    January 21, 2014 - 17:46

"Promise to himself " ! Seems to be the only ones he keeps ! He should be getting the province in top shape instead ! Seems like he's going to have his cake and eat it too , why islanders resort to social assistance , can't afford oil , rent or food most like not a both day cake either!

• justin
    January 21, 2014 - 15:13

NOT hard to understand why PEI is behind the times. PEI has to have the largest per capita number of nasty negative people I have seen. It is like nothing is ever good...the Premier is turning 40 and yet people will cut him down. Not hard to see why PEI or Islanders can't get ahead here try maybe just once thinking positive and saying something nice and if this is to tough for you then follow your mothers advice and say nothing.

• SlyFox
      January 21, 2014 - 15:59

Justin that's kinda a negative opinion of Islanders. Just because people post negative things does not make all people negative,it is their own opinion which they have formed and they have every right too just like you do. If you do not like them than do not read them.Simple as that.

• Becca
    January 21, 2014 - 15:02

Wow. Must be the first person to turn 40. Prob go celebrate at the new convention Center and use the money from my pension to pay for everything!!!! Just like when he made the news when they had a Many. They were the first family to have a child and 3 at that!!!! Just sayin'

• up easterner
    January 21, 2014 - 13:21

You got one thing right for sure Don, THIS IDIOT IS INDEAD PUTTING P.E.I. into severe bankrupy. Where is the party at anyway , I would imagine there would be a few Islanders would like to deliver a cake! Oh,maybe it's at the new convention center EH!

• anna has green gills
    January 21, 2014 - 13:06

Youngest politician in power in north america. I think we need more younger minds mixed with the "seasoned seniors ". Trudeau FTW!

• Happy Birthday Robert
    January 21, 2014 - 13:02

Enjoy your milestone!

• BILL
    January 21, 2014 - 11:55

Doesn't the saying go the older you get the wiser you get? That can't be right.

• Harper Birthdy
    January 21, 2014 - 11:13

Whoopee .... wait for it ... poop.

• don
    January 21, 2014 - 11:07

WOW BIG DEAL. what makes him special ? he is a guy that is putting this island into bankruptcy just to help his friends make more money. i want to see front page birthdays of every islander every day. or is it he runs this news paper? i did not see olive cranes bd in the paper, or any other member of government.

• IslandGirl
      January 21, 2014 - 11:57

Don, I am really glad I don't know you, are you this negative all the time. He's our Premier whether you like him or not, Olive Crane REALLY who is she...she took down your PC Party on PEI single handed, wait a minute...on second hand yes we should celebrate her...Whoopee! As for The Premier's birthday just 40 and already the Premier of PEI now that's something no matter who you are. Momma said if you have nothing nice to say...say (write) nothing. perhaps you could think on those words Don.

• candrayo
      January 21, 2014 - 13:18

Island Girl Meet Don….aka Pot meet Kettle…. thanks for the chuckle…I almost did the same thing Island Girl..till I realized I was no better that Kettle.

• Hey small 'd' don
      January 21, 2014 - 14:10

If you can't spell, type, and punctuate properly; stay away from submitting comments.