Propane leak at Charlottetown plaza prompts evacuation

Ryan Ross
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

The stores at the Bed, Bath and Beyond plaza are closed after a propane leak prompted an evacuation of the building over the noonhour.

It's the second time in a week the Charlottetown fire department was called to the building for the same issue. 

The plaza, which is home to a liquor store and a CAA office, was evacuated at about 12:30 p.m. Charlottetown police blocked off the parking lot to the building, but traffic was allowed to continue past on the nearby Route 2 highway and into the Sears parking lot next door.

Snow and ice buildup caused propane lines into the Bed, Bath and Beyond building to leak, according to Charlottetown fire inspector Winston Bryan, who was at the scene with about a dozen firefighters.

The stores are bringing in other heat sources until the lines are replaced.

Organizations: CAA

Geographic location: Charlottetown, West Royalty

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments