UPDATED: Sunday night fire destroys home

TC Media
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

An investigator with the Provincial Fire Marshal’s Office found a house fire in Ellerslie-Bideford Sunday night was caused by an electrical malfunction.

ELLERSLIE —The provincial Fire Marshal's Office has found a Sunday night fire in Ellerslie-Bideford was caused by an electrical malfunction and was accidental.

Flames were shooting through the roof when Tyne Valley's fire department arrived at the house fire on the corner of Ellerslie Road and Harts Gravel Road shortly before 9 p.m. Sunday.

The single-storey home, which had a garage built on with extra living space above it, was destroyed by the fire, which originated in the attic.

Fire Chief Lowell Palmer said the house was being lived in but the owner wasn’t at home when the fire broke out.

It took about 40 firefighters from three departments — Lennox Island and Wellington responded to the mutual aid call — about three hours to extinguish the fire. By that time, however, the home was destroyed.

Organizations: FMO, Tyne Valley Fire Department

Geographic location: Summerside

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments