© Journal Pioneer
The O’Leary Health Centre walk-in clinic will be closed for the remainder of today after the physician scheduled to provide coverage at the clinic became ill.
Ambulatory services will continue as scheduled.
In non-urgent situations, Islanders are always encouraged to visit their family physician’s office or a walk-in clinic. However, anyone with urgent medical needs should call 9-1-1 or seek immediate medical care at the nearest hospital emergency department, such as Western Hospital or Prince County Hospital, when:
- experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
- experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
- experiencing abdominal pain;
- experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
- an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
- a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
- a baby under six months of age has a fever of 38°C (100.4° F) or higher.
For a complete listing of walk-in clinic hours and locations, visit www.healthpei.ca/walkinclinics.