Accident on Confederation Bridge leads to charges

TC Media

The Confederation Bridge

BORDEN-CARLETON – A motorist faces charges following a three-vehicle collision on the Confederation Bridge Thursday.

The RCMP says the incident occurred just before 11 a.m. when the driver of an SUV rear-ended another vehicle, causing a chain-reaction collision. The SUV and the two other vehicles, a car and a transport truck, each sustained minor damage as a result.

All three vehicles were occupied by adult male drivers travelling in the direction of New Brunswick.

Police charged the man operating the third vehicle for driving without due care and attention.

Organizations: RCMP

Geographic location: BORDEN-CARLETON, New Brunswick

Comments

Comments

• Jesus
    February 22, 2013 - 06:58

Ronnie - seriously, a roundabout on a bridge? I'm so tempted to say all kinds of sarcastic remarks to accompany that idea, but I won't.

• Aggresive SUV drivers
    November 19, 2012 - 08:26

Ulfric, you missed my sarcasm. I agree with you almost completely - SUV drivers are the worst. I just think they're blind - not aggressive. 'Tis you who misunderstood the sentences. Notice I said "*when* they get in a collision". The SUV is unsafe and so is the driver. They buy SUV's because they know they will hit someone out of their "normal" inattention and they want to be the ones to survive.

• sean
    November 17, 2012 - 06:57

Aggresive SUV drivers? your very wrong about suv drivers saying they cant drive I own a SUV myself which is 4x4 since I live in the country alot of people own them cause they live further outside of charlottetown and now that winters coming so is the bad roads and ice so these people want to feel safe with studded tires and 4x4 when your going through roads that are not plowed

• Read againd
      November 17, 2012 - 09:27

"There are a lot of aggressive SUV drivers" Did he say all? Nope. Learn to read. We all know the advantages to an SUV. Don't need a sales pitch.

• Maleeha Ali
    November 16, 2012 - 23:43

Why would they put a roundabout on the bridge? there's no need of one on the bridge

• Ulfric
    November 16, 2012 - 13:09

There are a lot of aggressive SUV drivers out there. Most of them don't have a clue where they are on the road either, taking up two lanes, parking on sidewalks or 2 feet from the curb. My personal favorite is when they approah a car parked on the side of the road and go around it into the other lane like the cars are double parked. More money than brains for the most part.

• Aggresive SUV drivers?
      November 16, 2012 - 15:43

Ulfric, are you ever wrong! SUV drivers buy SUV's because they can't drive. Not aggressive, just letting their minds wander. See - you're safer in an SUV *when* you get in a collision.

• Ulfric
      November 16, 2012 - 21:52

When I said "Most of them don't have a clue where they are on the road either," I changed the topic to how oblivious they are. Key word -either-. Then went back to how aggressive they are due to their obliviousness. I'm not wrong at all. You are the one who can't interpret a few simple sentences. Bye Bye.

• Driver
      November 16, 2012 - 23:30

There are many of agressive drivers out there, PEI drivers are the worst in North America and nothing is ever done about it. Men or women in small cars or SUVs or screaming motorcycles racing on the bypass all day long it doesn't matter everyone is agressive they all tail-gate and speed. Even the police around here ignore traffic laws. I have video evidence of bad drivers because I record when I drive using a dash mounted video camera. The behaviour or ignoring all traffic laws is seen as normal around here I don't expect it will ever change because it hasn't in the 30 years I have been driving.

• Roundabout Ronnie
    November 16, 2012 - 12:19

They need to put in a roundabout on the bridge so this never happens again.