With the wind and rain today, the RCMP would like to remind the motoring public to a modify their driving habits.
Heavy rain is resulting in water build up on a number of roadways which increases the possibility of hydroplaning so it's important to take extra care in driving on the province's roadways today, police say.
While driving in adverse weather conditions like those which exist today, the most important thing motorists can do is reduce their speed. Slowing down will increase a vehicle's traction on the roadway which help will prevent hydroplaning.
RCMP offer the following tips for driving in the rain:
• Avoid using cruise control;
• Break earlier and with less force;
• Avoid sudden jerks or turns of the steering wheel;
• Keep both hands on the wheel;
• Beware of other vehicles around you. Larger vehicles such as trucks, buses and trailers are especially effected by heavy rain.