Kings County Memorial Hospital
The emergency department at Kings County Memorial Hospital will close at 7 p.m. on Saturday.
The reason, once again, is insufficient numbers of nursing staff to cover the evening shift. This is the second time in nine days that the ER at the Montague hospital has had to close early because of too few nurses. The last closure happened at 3 p.m. July 21.
The public should call 911 or seek immediate medical care at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital emergency department when:
● experiencing discomfort or tightness in the chest;
● experiencing unusual shortness of breath;
● experiencing abdominal pain;
● experiencing prolonged and persistent headache or dizziness;
● an injury may require stitches or involve a broken bone;
● a child has prolonged diarrhea or vomiting; or
● a baby under the age of six months has a fever of 38C or 100.4F or higher
Kings County Memorial Hospital’s emergency department will reopen 8 a.m. Sunday morning and will remain open as usual until 10 p.m.