Cavendish Beach Music Festival confirms return for 2013

Mitch MacDonald

Fans at this year's Cavendish Beach Music Festival

Just days after this past weekend’s Cavendish Beach Music Festival has wrapped up, country music fans can already start planning for next year’s hoedown.

Festival president Jeff Squires has confirmed to The Guardian the event would be returning in 2013.

“(We’re) looking forward to the fifth annual Cavendish Beach Music Festival,” said Squires without hesitation, adding that the festival’s return is a given with its popularity.

“People are planning yearly to come to Cavendish and are planning their vacations around the music festival.”

This year’s festival, which saw 55,000 to 60,000 individuals throughout the weekend, was a success in a number of factors, added Squires.

“I think it was a very positive event and we’re very happy with the attendance, the weather, the customer feedback and comments from the performers,” said Squires.

Whispering Bill Anderson, one of the performers who met the loud crowds of Cavendish over the weekend, said the festival left a good impression on him.

Anderson was undeniably the most experienced of all performers at the festival, having been involved in the country music scene for more than 50 years.

“I thought it was terrific I enjoyed it a lot,” said Anderson in an interview with The Guardian. “A terrific crowd. You know the setup was great, the stage and sound and everything. A lot of country music fans there.”

Despite the large influx of population on the North Shore community,  RCMP also said the event went well with no serious incidents.

There were only 33 arrests made, while RCMP also laid several false identification tickets for minors using a fake I.D. to get into the beer tent.

Squires said catching fake IDs was the main reason for ID'ing every single person who entered the beer tent.

“I think it just goes to credit the level of diligence our festival staff and service providers do in making sure that we’re running a quality event,” he said.

One of the few complaints arising from the festival stemmed from food vendors who were told by the P.E.I. Health Department they had to pre-cook their beef before selling it on site.

“I have 100 per cent confidence in the Department of Health and their rules and regulations in dealing with food vendors,” said Squires when asked about the issue.

Organizations: RCMP, P.E.I. Health Department, Department of Health

Geographic location: Cavendish, North Shore

Comments

Comments

• darlene weagle
    November 06, 2012 - 12:01

Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean would definitely rock.

• Marissa
      December 01, 2012 - 12:06

I've been every year and loved every single minute of it . Will there be a promo code for Cavendish music festival? I am looking at buying my whole family tickets . Would like to save a little :) since it will be over 1000$.

• pgg
    November 05, 2012 - 13:01

This will be my 3rd year to attend the concert and every year I take more and more people with me. While last year was good, the year before last was outstanding. A few people I would like to see is the Zack Brown Band, Eric Church again, Luke Bryan, Little Big Town, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley (always a great performer), Miranda Labert, Kenny Chesney and Lee Brice.

• lana wilson
    October 28, 2012 - 09:52

I would love to see Miranda Lambert, Blake shelton, Kenny Chesney, Lady A, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan, just to name a few. There are so many choices to add to the wish list. Looking forward to it regardless of hwo is there!!!! There are no bad choices!!

• kkzkh
    October 20, 2012 - 15:15

Keith Urban.........Is working on a new album....would be great to see him there again.

• Alex
    October 14, 2012 - 10:42

Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Sara Evans, Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, DIXIE CHICKS, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Big & Rich, Eric Church would be the best concert ever if any of them came next year!!!!

• kkzkh
      October 20, 2012 - 15:18

I totally agree Keith Urban should come back to the festival, Dixie Chicks would be good as well

• Lindy
    October 07, 2012 - 13:55

LUKE BRYAN, T SWIFT AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD

• Suzanne
    September 20, 2012 - 12:37

LUKE BRYAN , jason aldean need to get them to P.E.I..... wow

• newbee
    July 26, 2012 - 11:12

just food for thought .I think their should have been a water truck in service to help keep the dust down from the tractor rides. Some of the sound people need to brush up on their hearing skills,couldnt make out the words on some of performers both on the big stage and the tent because music way to loud.Lastly liquor prices are outrages.

• Janice
    July 24, 2012 - 09:45

yeah !!!! LUKE BRYAN !!!!! LADY A !!!!! Maark Chestnut !! Brantley Gilbert !! Eric Church !! so many choices !!!

• Kim Stack
    July 13, 2012 - 06:24

This was my first time at the festival and I had an awesome time. The only complaint I had was with the food. There needs to be some healthier choices for people. Three days of deep fried food not good.

• omg
    July 12, 2012 - 21:25

merle haggard, jason aldean...next year

• KL
    July 12, 2012 - 14:25

I personally wish that they would highlight a different musical genre for once. I'd love to take in the festivities, but can't stand country music! lol

• RG
    July 11, 2012 - 16:35

Great concert and well organized again. The only complaint I have is the same I have every year. Stop giving weekend pass bracelets that can't be removed. Some people have things to do other than party all weekend, so we can't have this bracelet on in the mornings before the concerts. If you paid for the bracelet, what's the difference if it's on your arm or not? Just let us in the concert. If you want it on the arm, then give replacements for those who want to cut it off after the concert is over.

• Juanita Arsenault
      July 12, 2012 - 08:13

I would like to compliment the organizers on the accessibility of this concert. My daughter, who has limited mobility and uses a wheelchair, attended the festival all weekend with a friend and was able to thoroughly enjoy the concert. This organization deserves recognition for this.

• OG
      July 12, 2012 - 09:21

To RG...If you're a white collar worker, wear a long sleeve shirt for the next day or so. If you're a blue collar worker, just wear an athletic terry cloth band to protect it. I saw a contruction worker who taped plastic (or a bandage) over a fresh tatoo recently. If you're a female, wear a wide bracelet/watch to conceal it. Any of these is doable for a day or two. Removable concert bracelets are too easily trasferrable to others and won't ever be offered - just not good business sense. It's only a wkd.