July 22, 2014
An Evening with Chef Michael Smith
- Place : Fortune Community Centre 220 Fortune Wharf Road N.
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : Wallace Rose
- Details : Join Michael on July 22nd for an unforgettable evening of flavours and stories. Enjoy his signature high energy style as he takes you on an adventure sharing family-friendly recipes and unforgettable tips from his home kitchen all while hosting a fun, interactive evening fundraiser in support of his local community centre. Not a meal but expect lots of tasting and a unique opportunity to see Michael at his best on his home turf! There will be cookbooks for sale and signing with all proceeds to benefit the centre. Regular ticket holders can come at 7pm for an exciting line of programming. VIP ticket holders get treated to an extra special evening that starts at 6:00pm. Exciting stuff! Stay tuned for program details but be assured it will be a fun filled evening of food, stories and community. All funds raised are in support of the Fortune Community Centre and the programs that it offers.
- Fortune Community Centre community fundraiser
CLIVE demonstration in North Rustico
- Place : North Rustico Lion's Club
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : Dave Atkinson, email@example.com
- Details : Dr. Adam Fenech, director of UPEI’s Climate Research Lab, is touring Prince Edward Island communities this July to give demonstrations of the CoastaL Impacts Visualization Environment tool, better known as CLIVE. Dr. Fenech will lead discussions about coastal erosion and sea-level rise, and the risk to homes, cottages, roads, and communities. See CLIVE at the Lion's Club in North Rustico, Tuesday, July 22. CLIVE allows users to manipulate a 3-D map of Prince Edward Island with a video game controller. It simulates erosion and sea-level rise over the next 90 years, and shows their impact on Prince Edward Island infrastructure. Attendees will be encouraged to share ideas about how we might best adapt to these conditions, and through CLIVE, view local areas that may be affected. The session begins at 7 pm and will run for approximately one hour. Drinks and light snacks will be provided. The events are sponsored by the PEI Department of Environment, Labour, and Justice, and by the Climate Research Lab at the University of Prince Edward Island. For more information, visit upei.ca/climate.
- UPEI event
- July 23, 2014 - CLIVE demonstration in Charlottetown
- July 25, 2014 - Srawberry and Ice Cream Social
- July 25, 2014 - Callbeck Birthday and Retirement Party
- July 25, 2014 - 5th Annual Frank Ledwell Storytelling & Comedy Festival
- July 25, 2014 - "Kitchen Party" with Louise Arsenault & Helen Bergeron
- July 26, 2014 - Murray Harbour Kayak & Clean-Up
- July 26, 2014 - Gloryhound @ Fishbones Oyster Bar & Grill
- July 26, 2014 - 5th Annual Frank Ledwell Storytelling & Comedy Festival
- July 27, 2014 - Celebrating 150 years at Seacow Head Lighthouse (Fernwood)
- July 27, 2014 - 5th Annual Frank Ledwell Storytelling & Comedy Festival