January 13, 2014
Architectural Heritage on PEI: Past, Present and Future.
- Place : Beaconsfield Historic House
- Time : 19:00
- Contact : (902) 368-6603
- Details : The Institute for Architectural Studies and Conservation, in association with Beaconsfield Historic House, will be kicking off the sesquicentennial by devoting its annual winter lecture series to the Island’s architectural past, present and future. Everyone is invited to join us Monday evenings at 7pm in January for the series themed for 2014, Architectural Heritage on PEI: Past, Present and Future. For the occasion, the Institute has assembled a group of specialists to explore stories of our connections with the Island’s built heritage. On January 13, at Beaconsfield’s Carriage House, popular historian, author, and Curator of History, PEI Museum and Heritage Foundation, Boyde Beck, will share the history of an area that has been the symbolic centre of the Island’s mercantile, political, judicial, religious and cultural life, in the illustrated talk, The Evolution of Queen Square. On January 20, Sharon Larter, Isabel Court, Bruce Bennett and Karen Lipps, four individuals with a variety of backgrounds that share the experience of restoring heritage buildings, will come together at Beaconsfield’s Carriage House to relate their adventures in restoration in the talk, Keeping the Past Alive: four case studies. The series will conclude at Beaconsfield’s Carriage House on January 27 when architect, Ole Hammarlund, FRAIC, will present Future Heritage Buildings on PEI. His own projects include the Coles Building, co-op housing projects, the ARK (a visionary bio-shelter funded by the Canadian government for the New Alchemy Institute), a variety of University buildings and the WhY condos. Please come join the Institute and its friends to celebrate this important year. Architectural Heritage on PEI: Past, Present and Future runs on Mondays in January 2014 (6, 13, 20 and 27) at 7pm. The first lecture is at Province House and the remaining three are at Beaconsfield’s Carriage House. Admission is open to the public by donation and light refreshments will be served. Storm dates to be announced via local media.
- January 15, 2014 - Red Cross Emergency First Aid & CPR/AED
- January 18, 2014 - 3rd Annual Dance the Night Away for the IWK
- January 18, 2014 - Try Muay Thai
- January 20, 2014 - Annual Meeting - Milton Community Hall
- January 25, 2014 - A Back Alley Performance
- January 27, 2014 - Future Heritage Buildings on PEI
- February 7, 2014 - 2014 Minutes of Story and Song -Feb 7 -Milton
- February 7, 2014 - Ceilidh
- February 8, 2014 - Stewart Memorial Healthcare Auxiliary Valentine's Dance
- February 12, 2014 - Memory Lane Concert Series