August 22, 2014
2014 Minutes of Story and Song: Ashley Condon
- Place : 7 New Glasgow Road
- Time : 19:30
- Details : The Community of Miltonvale Park will celebrate PEI’s 2014 Sesquicentennial with 2014 Minutes of Story and Song. Fourteen storytelling shows of approximately 2 hours and 23 minutes each, will feature Island storytellers and musicians and highlight and celebrate various aspects of life on the Island. A number of well-known Island story tellers will be paired with local people who can spin a good yarn. Some of the shows will be organized by theme – such as religion, agriculture, the sea, education, Island celebrations, Acadians, transportation, with a look back (and maybe even ahead!) to some of the Island ways. Admission is planned to be $10, and includes a light lunch. Shows will occur on the first Friday of each month during 2014, at 7:30 p.m. at the Milton Community Hall with additional shows on July 18 and August 22. The hall is located at 7 New Glasgow Road (corner of Rtes. 7 & 224). For more information, visit miltonvalepark.com or miltoncommunityhall.ca or call 902-368-3090.
2014 Minutes of Story and Song
- Place : 7 New Glasgow Rd.
- Time : 19:30
- Contact : Shari MacDonald, (902) 368-3090
- Details : The Community of Miltonvale Park is pleased to present Ashley Condon and Gary Gallant in the Friday, August 22nd show of their year-long series – 2014 Minutes of Story and Song. The performance starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Milton Community Hall and admission is $10. A light lunch is included.
August 23, 2014
- Place : St. Peter's Courthouse
- Time : 20:00
- Contact : Nikki Roberts
- Details : Prince Edward Island singer/songwriter likes to think of her new album "Waiting On", as country/American with a dash of folk and pop to wash it down. It provides a satisfying serving of sweet vocals, tasty country licks and contemplative lyrics.
Art In The Open 2014
- Place : Downtown Charlottetown
- Time : 16:00
- Contact : email@example.com
- Details : Art In The Open is a free annual summer event in which the downtown core is transformed with installations, performances, sculptures and other contemporary art forms to highlight Charlottetown's vibrant art scene. Come take part in the most magical night of the summer.
August 25, 2014
Best of the West: Blake Berglund and Belle Plaine
- Place : Milton Community Hall (7 New Glasgow Rd)
- Time : 19:30
- Contact : Shari MacDonald
- Details : This is the second of three music Mondays dubbed "Best of the West"! The Milton Community Hall are proud to host Blake Berglund and Belle Plaine on Monday, August 25th for an event that gives the music lovers exactly what they need. Blake, raised in the Moose Mountains of Saskatchewan, had assorted musical backgrounds including grunge but has found his place in the country genre. He has 3 studio albums under his belt with a 4th on the way this August. His music has been described as “unpredictable, intelligent and genuine”; he was also rewarded for his hard work in music by being named 2013 Saskatchewan Roots Artist of the Year. Belle, from Fosston, Saskatchewan, is also a very accomplished young artist. Having perfected her latest album “Notes from a Waitress” she is well on her way to finding success with her upcoming album “Last Mountain Lake”. Belle has the ability to captivate an audience with her interesting mix of genres which is described as “old time and jazzy”. Together Blake and Belle hope to entertain a large PEI crowd at the Milton Community Hall at 7:30 p.m.. Tickets will be made available in advance for only $10 by calling the Milton Community Hall at (902)566-3154 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will also be available at the door for $15. Interested in this event? Join us again for the third rendition of our "Best of the West" on Monday September 8th which also includes a cowboy supper! Stay tuned!
- September 4, 2014 - 2014 PEI Fitness Frenzy
- September 5, 2014 - 2014 Minutes of Story and Song: Cynthia MacLeod & Gordon Belsher
- September 5, 2014 - 2014 Minutes of Story and Song: Cynthia MacLeod
- September 10, 2014 - MS support and information teleconferences
- September 15, 2014 - Vernon River Community School Registration
- September 19, 2014 - Cooper Institute's BIG Concert for Social Justice
- September 20, 2014 - Cooper Institute's 1st Annual Social Justice Forum
- September 27, 2014 - TD Tree Days
- October 3, 2014 - 2014 Minutes of Story and Song: Dennis Ellsworth
- November 7, 2014 - 2014 Minutes of Story and Song: Caroline Bernard, Remi Arsenault, Patricia Richard and more!
- December 5, 2014 - 2014 Minutes of Story and Song: Bruce Rainnie & Kendra MacGillvray