July 06, 2015
Samuel Holland Book Launch
- Place : 3rd floor, CAST Building, Holland College
- Time : 12:00
- Contact : Joan Sinclair, 566-0386
- Details : Everyone is invited to the lunchtime launch of the important new book: "Samuel Holland, His Work and Legacy on Prince Edward Island," part of the 250th anniversary celebrations of Holland's historic survey of P.E.I. The book will be available for purchase and signing by the authors, and lunch is provided.
- Samuel Holland 250 PEI
July 07, 2015
"Play" in Miltonvale Park
- Place : Milton Community Hall - 7 New Glasgow Road - Rte 224 North Milton
- Time : 18:00
- Contact : email@example.com
- Details : The Community of Miltonvale Park has received funding for a new program “Miltonvale Park Players”, through the Government of Canada’s New Horizons for Seniors Program. One goal of the program is to create a group in the Community to stage a play. People will have the opportunity to choose a play to produce and learn about such things as about costuming, lighting, acting, stage design and management, and promotion though six short workshops. The first meeting of anyone who is interested in any aspect of this project will be held at the Milton Community Hall at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 6, with supper provided. Please contact the council office at 902 368-3090 or firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, Monday, July 6 to reserve your space at the table. Although this project is directed to those in the 50 plus age range, anyone, of any age is welcome to participate Community Chair Hal Parker is very much looking forward to this new project, “I have heard many hilarious stories about the plays that used to be put on at the Milton Community Hall, and the fun people had doing them. It is great way to bring the community together” There are two components to the project, with “Fitness for 50 Plus” classes also being held in the spring and fall to encourage play, and develop flexibility and balance, and keep residents healthy and active. For more information –contact Shari MacDonald Administrator, Community of Miltonvale Park 7B New Glasgow Road -Rte 224 North Milton PE C1E 0S7 902.368.3090 fax 902.368.1152 www.miltonvalepark.com
- Miltonvale Park
July 08, 2015
- Place : Miltonvale Community Park
- Time : 05:30
- Contact : (902)368-7587
- Details : Active Start is a program put on by Go!PEI but instructed by our newly trained staff. The program is designed to get young children (3-6) ready for sports by acting as the ABCs of sports. Cost is $20 for 8 weeks. Contact for more information.
Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids
- Place : The Guild (111 Queen Street, at the corner of Queen & Richmond)
- Time : 07:00
- Contact : email@example.com
- Details : Do you still have any of your childhood or teenage writing? Grownups Read Things They Wrote as Kids is an open-mic evening of book reports, poetry, diary entries, letters from camp, etc. — all read out loud by adults to a room full of strangers. Doors at 6:30. Show at 7:00 sharp. Tickets $12 in advance only.
Cynthia MacLeod at St. Peter's Courthouse Theatre
- Place : St. Peter's Courthouse Theatre
- Time : 20:00
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org 902.961.3636
- Details : Cynthia MacLeod is one of Prince Edward Island’s finest ambassadors of traditional music, carving a distinct style of fiddling that embraces both her local roots and her ancestral connection to the Scottish highlands. Stage shows are where Cynthia truly shines. Her cheerful, charismatic personality is exuded in her playing, and her natural way with audiences of any size turns strangers into instant fans and that's just what will happen at St. Peter's Courthouse Theatre summer concert series on July 8th. What a way to kick off the summer season! Tickets are $16 including taxes and available online or at the box office.